Prerequisites for Admission
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited undergraduate institution
- GPA of 3.0 or better
- At least 6 credit hours in quantitative social science, applied statistics, biostatistics, or mathematics
- Please download the attached Application form (right click on the link then select, "Save Target As"), which you can find here (pdf) or here (MSWord).
- Fill the form out completely.
- Then either:
Mail the application form to: Paul Biemer, Odum Institute for Research in Social Science, University of North Carolina, CB 3355, 25 Manning Hall, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3355
- E-mail the application form to: Paul Biemer
- Fax, (919)962-4777.
- Students wishing to be admitted to the CPSM may submit their application at any time. However, if you wish to enroll for the Fall semester, your application must be received by Odum before July 10th of the same year. For enrollment in the Spring semester, your application must be received by November 10th of the prior year. **Please note: Applying to the program by these deadlines does not guarantee a spot in the classes. Students must register for courses and space is subject to availability.
- If you are not currently enrolled at UNC, you will also need to submit an application to the Friday Center for Continuing Education. Click here to view the online application form, instructions, and deadlines.
- Note that Continuing Education applications received by the Friday Center after the deadline will incur a late fee of $25 added to the $70 application fee
- For more information concerning Part-time Classroom Studies through the Friday Center, click here.